Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello My name is Pagan and I'm a readaholic

Books and reading are a large part of my life. It wasn't always so, I never really read a book until i was 12 and trying to escape the realities of girls catholic boarding school. My Mum is a huge reader and always tried to get me to read - alas i much preferred to be read too. But reading did change my life and saved me from the years known as teenage hell.

I never experienced the children's book thing, or even the young authors books. I jumped right into adult fiction with my first book being Robert Ludlum's The Holcroft Covernent. Still one of my favorite spy books ever. Now I read a load of fantasy - it's my safe place and escapism. I read at least 3 books a week. My shelves have been read and re read over and over and over. My husband recently asked me why I don't go digital it would save space. I was horrified at the thought. Part of the love of reading is the book itself! I don't want the world of reading to go digital - i resent it and resist it. Give me a good book that i can touch and feel, smell and fondle. Why and I babbling on about books you may ask? Well, first it's a big part of me so hence I thought I'd put my love into a blog. Secondly I ran across this wonderful short video on YT and it just made me stop and think.

No comments:

Post a Comment